E-rate: Trick or Treat?
Applying for E-rate can be tricky at times. With its complicated processes and strict form deadlines, it can feel like you are applying for funds that are sometimes difficult to get. Rest assured though, there really are funds at the end of the E-rate rainbow for you to take advantage of ($3.9B worth, to be exact). Wouldn’t you like to treat yourself to some of those dollars to improve your network infrastructure?
Think of all of the crazy network advancements you could make with $3.9B… bandwidth of 100 Mbps per student perhaps? A network so secure, not even Alan Turing could hack? So many network policies in place you’d never have to answer a help-desk ticket or trouble shoot a problem again? Though these ideas may be a little far-fetched, you can still use your piece of the E-rate pie for Cisco Meraki to get you closer to having your IT wishes granted.
Imagine being able to centrally manage your entire network from one simple interface. The Meraki dashboard puts the network at your fingertips, from quickly configuring hundreds of high-density access points, to traffic shaping your students’ music streaming apps, it gives you complete visibility into your network without needing specialized training.
Cisco Meraki is specially designed for K-12 environments in a few key ways:
- Meraki MR wireless access points are designed for high-density classroom environments—so all of your second-grade students can stream educational YouTube videos on their iPads, while your fifth-grade students take standardized tests without any downtime or interruptions.
- Meraki MS switches are built to scale to support school districts of all shapes and sizes. Whether you have one location to manage or a hundred, you can remotely configure your network without being on site.
- Meraki MX security appliances enable you to create and maintain CIPA-compliant networks, which are mandatory for E-rate funding, so that you can sleep soundly knowing that student data remains protected and secure.
- By deploying a full stack of networking products that are easy to deploy and manage, you get back time to focus on projects that are important to you, allowing you to keep your school(s) on the cutting edge of new technology.
Treat yourself to Meraki! Our access points, switches, and security appliances and licenses are eligible* for E-rate funding. Learn more about our eligible E-rate solutions. To get a deep dive on our solutions for K-12, and specific product offerings, attend an upcoming live webinar. And don’t forget to get started with your E-rate application today!
* MX Advanced Security Licenses are 50% eligible; SM licenses and MC/MV hardware and licenses are not E-rate eligible per Funding Year 2018 eligible services list.